Cletus is a great guy. He is hilarious, sarcastic, hard working, dependable, and very, very considerate and kind. He is also somewhat nutty. Prime example...
The other morning I had stumbled out to my car after another crazy night at work. I've got my music up and I'm just about to roll down the windows for some fresh air and call the hubby when I hear a tap on my window. I look over, a bit surprised. Everyone knows we're half-dead when getting off the Grave shift.
It is my dear friend Cletus. I roll down my window, and laugh, telling him he nearly scared me to death! He smiles and asks me, "what happened to the arm on the chair at my desk?" So, we don't really have our own desks at night. I always sit in the same place, but we share desks depending on shifts, etc. And one chair had a rubber arm-rest which had been cracked and hanging on by a flap for months. I admit... I probably nonchalantly played with it as I was sitting there in the evenings, weakening its overall hold much quicker than would have otherwise been... but didn't intentionally pull it off, gnaw at it, or use any sort of apparatus in which to detach it. It just gave way! So I threw the chunk in the garbage. The chair is still totally usable!
Cletus was there to ask me what I had done with the hunk of his chair. He wanted to know which garbage I put it in so that he could retrieve it from said garbage and use Gorilla Glue to re-attach it to the chair. I calmly (and without busting up laughing) told him which garbage I'd thrown it in, (the one at the desk with the chair, OBVIOUSLY) and managed to get my window up and see him safely back into the building before a fit of laughter as large as a tsunami over came me and capsized my mid-size vehicle.
At the next stop light I texted my other co-worker (never drive and text, but I think stoplights are okay) to let her know of the hilarity that had just occurred. She was sad she missed it. In fact... it was such hilarity that I've been continually giggling to myself all week just in thought. Tonight, when I get to work if the nub is glued back on... I may just come "un-glued".
We shall see :)
(This morning I came into a note. It said, "Aimee, Please do not break my chair!" Thanks Cletus. LOL. So I wrote him one back that said "Dear Cletus, With the amount of Gorilla Glue you used on that puppy I'd say its stuck on pretty good. Only an act of God would undo it now. No worries. Aimee" Needless to say, he'd Gorilla Glued that sucker on pretty good. We had a bit of a laugh over it! :) )
6 comments:
Let's hope Cletus's chair concerns are resolved now. :)
lol.. made me smile. he's too cute!
you crack me up!
cletus does as well but OBVIOUSLY he has a gorilla glue fetish which is weird but not that funny.
Aimee-
oh my goodness I miss your posts. I am going on line to research artfest this morning, I will email you details. It's a stretch for sure but damn I want to do it! or just drive to see you and eat/create.
I'm with Denise! where are you??!! (-;
you were at the Gorge this weekend having a blast I hope! yeah for dave.
Post a Comment