Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Woops

I haven't written in my blog in weeks.

I've had a lot of change in my life... the biggest of which is I've gone to graveyard shift at work. Its taken a bit of getting used to, but I'm adapting. Its just hard to change your sleep pattern and have your motivation and creativity follow suit in a timely manner. I'll be starting my third week here soon so its beginning to come around. Thank God. I was keeping myself busy with manual labor (ie digging up grass on the side of the house, leveling dirt, shoveling yards of gravel, and hauling pavers). I'm happy to report aside from a few minor touches, our backyard is shaping up to be quite nice, and I foresee a small get together in the future.

I spent a little time scrapping today. Its been eons. Since I last went up to T's actually. And that was way back in March. I can't believe its almost August. And summer is just coming around here in the greater Seattle area. We actually had temperatures over 80 last week (and I spent many days lounging by the pool at my parents, it was divine!)

I have a recipe to share that I adapted from a recipe I found on the Tasty Kitchen on Pioneer Woman's Blog.

I call them Raspberry Coconut Cream Cheese Bars



For the Shortbread Crust:
1 cup butter (room temp)
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flower

For the Topping:
1 cup cream cheese
1 egg
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup raspberry jam
1 1/3 cup Sweetened Coconut

Preheat the oven to 350. Start by making the shortbread crust. Cream together the 1 cup butter and 1 cup sugar until fluffy. Then add the egg, vanilla, flour, blend well and pat into a well greased 9x13" pan.

For the topping, beat the cream cheese on high until fluffy, add in egg and slowly add in sugar. Fold in sour cream. Spread this mixture atop the shortbread crust. Dollop globs of raspberry jam all over the cream cheese mixture and use a toothpick or the end of a knife to swirl the jam throughout the cream cheese. Top with toasted coconut and bake until slightly browned on edges and no longer jiggly in the center. About 45 minutes.

Enjoy guys!! My family loved these!

Heres the new page I made today. The picture is courtesy of Miss Stephanie Wheeler. :)

Sorry, its out for being Pubbed

4 comments:

Christina C. said...

Hiiiiii.

Missed you online. Glad to hear that the job is getting better. Foof, graveyard is tough. I used to work a 4pm to 1 am shift and it did interesting things to my perception of reality.

How is the puppy taking to the yard renos?

Also, great recipe. And also, if you were to say have a get together and invite, oh maybe me. I would totally bake something for you. Or possibly bribe you with coffee beverages. you know. whatevs.

cyberhugs.

erinrwillis said...

Hey Aimee! Glad to see you on here!

Like I can say anything. I never blog - but I comment on others' blogs!!

Jennifer said...

Cute page, lady!

Denise said...

Hi Aimee! I have been mia myself. that recipe looks freaking delicious, I love your descriptions as well. globs, jiggly...hee

Hope graveyard gets better. Can't wait to see you in the fall!