Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Friends

Well the wedding is over and we're settling back into our daily lives. I've been cleaning the house and we've been working on and planning some more projects to keep us me busy through the winter.

For the wedding we had some friends in town. I've known Leahna since the summer before second grade! She and Dustin spent some time with us while they were in town so Monday after the wedding we went down to Olympia, WA and walked around, had lunch, shopped a bit, played pool. It was a blast. I took a few shots that I wanted to share:













Hubs is really busy with school and he's been in his little room working away. I'm so proud of him for buckling down and working hard to keep his grades up and keep up with his school work. I remember those days and I don't envy him. At all.

I've been cooking and chopping up a storm in the kitchen. I just got a huge bag of fresh rhubarb from CJ's Aunt. I can't wait to whip up some jam and other goodies in the kitchen.

I'm planning lots of homemade gifts this year and I've already made a start on some of them. Honestly, I think food makes great gifts. Everyone loves it, especially things like jams that can be stored. Its much more inexpensive and its from the heart.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's great to be able to make home made gifts for people in your life that are appreciated.

Denise said...

Yeah Aimee is back! Need to see photos of the wedding my dear. Food for me?
yummy.

tenaya said...

Lovely photos! Wow!