
long post ahead, but lots of good stuffs to share.
a. my husband is the sweetest! he majorly surprised me today by coming home with this sweet thang... i got home, he hadn't done the dishes like he'd promised and he wasn't here and i'll be the first to admit... yes, i was a wee bit peeved. i mean, its not the first time he's blown off the dishes. but it was like that moment in dumb and dumber when lloyd comes ridin back on the mini bike and completely 'redeems himself'. so, yeah, he's totally sweet! i can't wait to clean it and polish it up and get a new ribbon and use this puppy. anybody know how? any tips?
b. i submitted my entry for the cafe' in orting. i'm so nervous. i don't know why... if they have enough entrants and the contest isn't cancelled, there's a one in 4600 chance that i could win a cafe' for 100 bucks, i mean, it could happen. and if it did, then what would i do? holy crap, the whole idea freaks me out so much i can hardly stand it. i can't believe i actually did it.
for those of you who would like to read my crappy essay, here it is:
First, a little bit about my life and background. I’m a creative soul. I love color, design, taste, texture and all else that can be experienced through the world. I’m an avid reader, scrap-booker, baker, outdoorswoman, and music lover. I am open-minded, loving, caring, and assertive. I’m married to my high-school sweetheart, C.J. a veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom. He is currently taking the opportunity to go back to school and I’m so proud of the man he has become. Having been to college myself, I know how rewarding it can be, but also how difficult. Speaking of difficulty…
I’ve always dreamed of owning my own business, I’ve always loved to cook, I’ve always loved numbers. Plus I have a great sense of humor. Relevant you ask? I think yes. You see, I’ve worked several jobs in my lifetime and the ones I liked the most were never actually about the job, but about the people instead. I believe we absorb the mood and energy of those around us. I’d like to think that I have a great energy, zest for life, and a temperament that would make me a great candidate to own your restaurant.
In addition to being a good-humored young twenty-something, I also have quite a bit of on and off the job training for running a business. I graduated from the University of Washington with a BA in Business. During my time in school I helped launch a new marketing campaign targeted toward the younger generation. I took a lot away from the program and have been very fortunate to have found a great start in the business world. For the past two and a half years I’ve been working at a busy and successful plumbing company, paying bills, writing invoices, taking care of taxes, doing payroll, and managing the profit-sharing and 401k program. As far as restaurant ownership goes, I’ve never done it, but I run my own kitchen on a day to day basis. I’ve been baking since I was old enough to stand on a stool and see over the counter to watch the bread dough rise. I cook meals for my husband and myself each night. I love finding new recipes and adding my own touches as I go along.
I also worked at a local coffee stand for five years where I met many wonderful customers, some of whom I still keep in touch with to this day. It was fantastic to have regulars who I knew, and who knew me. I could see them pull in and start their favorite drink, having it ready before they even pulled up to the window. I think I could easily transfer this to a small town café. Whether it be old favorites or new faces, I’d have no problem making everyone feel welcome and like family.
At this point in my life, I’m young, hard-working and have no children. I have a lot of energy and love I could devote to a business, especially a business I’ve always dreamed of owning. I’m excited at even the thought. I’m also humble enough to know that the employees working there now are the experts. They can teach me new things, tips, tricks of the trade. I know it’s corny, but there’s no “I” in Team. I realize that a successful business is only as strong as the people who make it so. I hope to continue on the tradition of making Around the Corner Café a great place to eat and work.
In addition to the café’ itself, I would love to be able to give back to the local community. I know there’s a local veteran’s home there that would be a great source for community involvement. My husband is very involved now in veterans rights and care. He works part time at the VA Hospital in Lakewood and we’re both very passionate about our country and those who have served it. In addition, I would love to be able to provide donations to local food banks and schools.
In closing, I thank you for such a fun way to better my life and for the excitement it has given me these past couple of weeks as I’ve brainstormed what I would tell you about myself. I look forward to whatever may come.
c. i baked one gi-hugic apple pie tonight and two pumpkin for tomorrow @ hubby's aunts house. (yes, we are going to the outlaws and I'm sad I'll miss my family). I'm also making some super scrumptious pumpkin bars that I will post the recipe for one day. i'm thinking maybe before christmas? if I can remember? haha... good luck there, i say. i forget everything.
d. paperminx kits are on sale for $14! get yours here!!

e. have you seen the super-cute calendars steph has up for sale @ the livingroomfloor? i would love to have something like that for christmas, hint, hint steph. also she is giving one away on her blog, so go over here and enter to win!
I hope you all have a superb turkey day. don't eat to much!
xoxo,
aimee
6 comments:
What a sweet hubby!!!
I love your essay and I am wishing you tons and tons of luck!!
Great essay! If it were up to me, I'd give you a cafe, if that was in any way possible.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Good luck!!! I wish you all the best!
Oh I hope you win! I think that was a terrific essay!
I could not resist your sale so I got those two kits. Ignore my rambling note through etsy.. they revised the shipping fee so I went ahead and paid it! I can be such a dork most times you know.
HUGS!
OOh I hope, I hope! If you win I am driving over and having some good food with you. Can we scrap at the counter?
I am jealous of the typewriter for sure.
I have so much to tell you about the food I ate this weekend!! :)
Yay to the hubby for doing so good on the typewriter! Woohoo, what a guy!
Great essay Aimee, I soo have my fingers crossed for you to win!
Post a Comment