Monday, March 2, 2009

weekend of inspiration

been doing a bit of looking for a swimsuit... getting to be that time of year. i have several, but usually after a summer of wearing, they look somewhat dumpy in the butt. a particularly lovely memory i have of swimsuit wearing was jamie's bachelorette party last year in wine country. we were so hot we couldn't stand it so we took this long trek down to the river, made our way down a treacherous embankment and sunk knee deep in squooshy mud just to feel the relief of the chilly water cascading over our bodies (doesn't that sound sensual?) anyhow, fast foward to the part where we're climbing out of the water and up the treacherous bank... i'm strong so i go first and everyone behind me is making fun of my saggy bottomed swimsuit. i hear snickering, & comments such as "aimee has no ass"... "look at that saggy swimsuit!!" "teehee, she looks like she's 80"... thus beginning my quest for the perfect bathing costume. i saw this one posted on the oh joy blog that i quite like:




of course they're victoria's secret (okay) and juicy couture (which i will not pay for)... anyone seen any other cute swimwear, one piece, that wouldn't make me look like a heffalump or a woozel?


this weekend was chalk-full of inspiration, purging, and goodness. i did many things i've been meaning to do for quite some time now:




  • cleaned out all my old crafty books and magazines and listed over half of them on craigslist

  • listed a bunch of other stuff that we don't use that i've been sitting on on craigslist

  • did the taxes

  • went to my very first estate sale!! and spent the day with hubby!

  • re-arranged some new goodies on the shelves out in the livingroom

  • did all the laundry and folded

  • had dinner with the family

  • made the best omlette ever out of leftover carne asada steak, rice and beans! (you have to try this, seriously, it was amazing, i just added cheese, fresh tomato, and avacado)

  • cleaned my bedroom (dusted, vacuumed, clean sheets, etc)

  • made a mental list of more areas to purge (HAHA)


what did you guys do this weekend? any breakthroughs? (for me purging is a breakthrough, i'm a packrat, i can't let anything go)





i'm picking a winner for the giveaway of orange marmalade and champagne jelly tonight. if you're interested, please leave a comment on this post.

i would love to hear what you all did this weekend, what you cooked, what you crafted, etc.

and kristi b. is having a giveaway on her blog too, go check it out!

xoxo,
aimee

10 comments:

jessicamae3 said...

I love reading your blog!

Anonymous said...

cute swimsuits... hope you find something more in your price range! didn't do much this weekend but sleep and hang around the house. did an inventory of the freezer and cupboards and planned meals for the week and tried to do some purging in the stack of recipes I want to try out. also did some cleaning up in my scrap area.

jacque4u2c said...

These swimsuits are so cute! I did my ususal household stuff, took my 8 year old to roller skating lessons, let her have a friend over to spend the evening. Which really works to my advantage - because they entertain themselves and I slip off to my craft room ;o) - which I did. I got three books done for ebay and a couple cards to send off to family members. YAY ME! You can check em' out - I am going to post my accomplishments on my blog! I love yours! You give inspiration! TY!

Anonymous said...

that yellow bathing suit is perfect......
sounds like you were busy as usual. :)
i really want to go to an estate sale. i think it would be so fun to look through a whole house of treasures. :)))

bethchien said...

Hey babe! Purging is wonderful. I do not do it either, but starting this year, my boyfriend and I are getting rid of EVERYTHING not being used. You should see my closet..it looks almost bare (I said almost) ahha
And we have one of those hallway closets..that turns into a "JUNK" closet. You know the kind. All cleaned out and organized. It feels like we can breathe easier. Good luck with the 'out with the old, in with the new' way of living.
I had a four day weekend (wisdom teeth extraction) and pretty much stayed pilled out for 4 days! lol
I was back at work today...boo.
I am hoping to get some scrapbooking done this week.
Talk to ya soon! ;P
B

Anonymous said...

our weekend started by making fried rice for the soccer team snack at 6:30 am. Oh lucky me, my husband was making it and i kept sleeping!! After a rousing soccer game (our team lost, oh well they had fun) I went to a Ho'olaulea, a huge school fair up on the mountain. Was going to meet my goddaughter there. Lo and behold, we got on the same shuttle from the parking areas!! Her mom and sis were with her too. It was so great. We watched Nick and Norah that night. On sunday i finally scrapped!! I've been up to my eyeballs doing the FAFSA for my kid's college scholarships so it was great getting to finally scrap in my little corner. We're having freezing weather and my gd was wearing Uggs with her pareu (sarong) at the fun fair. We buy these beautiful head lei made by the aunties and look so gorgeous in them!!!

Deana said...

I saw those swimsuits on Oh Joy last week & loved them, too. We are going to Hawaii next month, so it looks like I'm going to be on the hunt for new suits again, too! (Always fun to do...:-)

emily anderson said...

holy cuteness. those swimsuits. i LOVE them.

and somewhere in your jelly give-a-way, you should have sang "i don't think you're ready, for this jelly..."
member that beyonce song? yah, probably not.
now i'm rambling.
feel free to delete my comment.

:)
em

Denise said...

eek
I have been so busy this week with tons of mundane, mind numbing work and you have to go and get all blogish on me so I feel I am way behind. Stop posting for a day would you?
it is all about me after all.
yeah love the suits but I agree about spending the dough on juicy..goofy.

Kristi B. said...

Hey Aimee.....

You were the "lucky" prize winner on my blog! :o)