Monday, April 13, 2009

Continuing on

It has been brought to my attention by not one, but two close sources to me that I am often a "Negative Nelly". I boo-hoo and rain on parades and such. I am for lack of a better term, a whiny spoiled bitch. I mean really, my life is great, what do I have to whine about? And yet, I do.


I complain about my job, my husband, my friends, my weight, etc etc (oh yes, I could go on). But the buck stops here folks, right after I post this picture my sister created of she and I in the dresses we will wear for my cousin's wedding.


Did I say that?


They really are pretty dresses, its not the dresses I'm worried about its A. the waistline and B. the color. I'm going to look like a pale baby beluga whale. But its a ridiculous thing to worry about, since I haven't even tried them on yet. (See, I'm already starting the positive self talk... Aimee you can do this, Aimee you can get in shape before the wedding, Aimee shut the hell up and stop worrying about crap you can't control, etc.)


Anyway, here we are in all our citrus glory:


And is it just me... err, or do we have moustaches??

10 comments:

shalay said...

I, for one, like to have bitchfests. It really gets out any frustrations I'm having, and I think it's therapeutic. So feel free to complain away. And those dresses are beautiful, but that picture is just creepy.

Lisa said...

Ahhh, I knew we had something in common. Negative Nelly, meet your older sister (could possibly be old enough to be your mother???). I will say with age comes discretion. Now I just let the negative thoughts run rampant in my head. And I've created an alter ego that tries to always see the positive. Of course, most would call that senility!!!

Jocelyn said...

I just love your Blog and hey this is nothing wrong with Nrgative Nelly, she is real, and that is what we need more of REAL!!!!I love the dresses, but I have never found bridesmaid dressed that compliment all who wear them. My daughter is in a wedding in September, she is the Matron of Honor, weighs 108 pounds and the other Bridesmaid is 240 pounds. They are having an awful time picking styles of dresses that look good on obth of them!!!! SHe is soooo frustrated!!! Have a great Tuesday!

kristinak said...

I am a complainer, too.....
I try not to be, but so far it hasn't worked.
I am sure you will look beautiful, especially because you won't have a mustache. At east I hope. ;)

Julie said...

Loving your blog too and like the girls said there is nothing wrong with being negative, better out than in they say.

bethchien said...

the one on the left looks like a dude. hahaha
And don't take this the wrong way...but, your "complaining" makes me laugh! I love when you tell stories of things that I thought only happened to me! hahah
Good luck with the dresses. I HATE BEING IN WEDDINGS! LOL

Anonymous said...

Please don't change Aimee!

Sandy said...

i never thought you were a neg-nelly! (-: those dresses are super cute - but those chicks in them are scarry! (-: it is so impossible to find a flattering bridesmaid dress isn't it?

Anonymous said...

I whine about everything, cause I can! I love the pics, Davids bridal?? Not loving the dresses so much! Good luck! Just remember all the guests will be symphathizing with you when they see you up there and thinking "did the bride really think nobody would look at her so she picked the hideous dresses??"

Tenaya said...

I saw the citrus dress at David's Bridal this weekend. :D Thought of you.