But my sister got one recently also and she kept nagging at me, get one, get one, its great, you'll feel like a million bucks, it helps with allergies, etc. So I hemmed and hawwed and I do have bad allergies in the spring and fall... and then I had my ear surgery and they told me I couldn't blow my nose for at least a week, maybe two. SON OF A MOTHERLESS GOAT! Are you serious people? How am I supposed to get the snot out. The nurse suggested a sinus rinse. After two days of using a handled pyrex bowl full of warm water and a turkey baster... standing over a sink with a towel, tasting nasty salty water, I gave in and bought the silliest little blue snot pot ever, the Nettie Pot.
I am not exactly sure how it does what it does, but I love it. So the general idea is... you fill it with a luke warm saline solution (it comes w/ fifty ready-mixed packets) and lean over a sink, chin down slightly. Pour the goodness into one nostril and without ever hitting the back of your throat or going in your mouth... it comes out the other nostril, POOF... its magic. And this one simple fact that it does not go in your mouth is what delights me to new levels. NO SNOT IN YOUR MOUTH. No salty NASTO in your mouth. It is pure GLORY. In fact, I used it this morning and I'm clean as a whistle in there. I used it yesterday morning also. I suspect I will be using it quite often.
Do any of you use a Nettie Pot? What are your thoughts? Did I make anyone want to go out and get one? How's life?
10 comments:
I tried one last year and it just about killed me. Glad you are having better results!
hahah I just love you! lol
I have not tried it, but my podmate (coworker that sits in the same 'pod' as me) does it and loves it!
I have having the worse time with my allergies THIS WEEK!!!
I may have to fold and give it a go.
Have a wonderful weekend and fun Easter! :D
B
Chickie, I could not make it without my little pot!!!! I have chronic sinus issues and I use this all the time!!!! I can breathe so much better, so just keep using it and you will be one happy camper. Not a pretty site when using it, the first time I thought I would drown myself, but now I am an expert!!!!! YAY for the Nettie!!!
Ha! Do it wrong just once and it will kill you. I soo need to give in and try again... although my friend Matt on FB says there is a squeeze bottle type thing that works better. I am going to look into it this weekend.
I think I first saw this on Oprah a couple of years ago. The ones I have seen seem to be ceramic. I have been curious but wondered if I would really use it. I was also concerned on the whole water in the nose concept. You make it seem far better then what I was expecting. Keep us posted on it...lol.
I haven't used the Neti Pot, but recently tried Afrin's "Pure Sea" - same concept, except no mixing. A little weird feeling - but I liked the results. Especially with the crazy pollen we're having!
omg i HAVE to get one of those!!!! that would be the most cathartic thing EVER. (-: have a great weekend aimee!!!!
I so love you Aimee. You are definitley a big deal.
Until now I have been snot pot oblivious. Now that you have used your evil powers to open my eyes to this, I will comb the box stores in order to pop my snot pot cherry.
I like you hate fads and am cheap however I have horrrible allergies and at the moment would stick a bottle brush up there if I thought it would help!
Where do I buy this?
oh and we are eating tonite:
pull pork sandwhiches
coleslaw
deviled eggs
fat tire beer
chocolate oatmeal cookies
how many points is that?
I am soooo glad to hear you talk about this. It's all I have heard of from so many people. You have officially tipped the tide and I am going to go get one! I'll let you know how it goes...
...and ummm... you totally made me snort with the "Son of a.." comment. Totally.
I have one and LOVE it...
i was hesitant at first...
hello... it's kind being violated with that thing going up your nostril...
but oh the saline goodness that makes you feel better!
Post a Comment