
Sorry I've been MIA. I've been busy driving a bazillion hours to the very east of the state, locking my keys in my car, dancing, drinking, and so on and so forth. You know... life :)
So, before I get into cousin's wedding which should have its own blog post but I have so much to talk about... I have to tell you guys about our little key mishap last week.
Sister, Jamie and I thought, hey, its a nice day, lets go for a bike ride. I like being outside and I have a new-ish bike that I haven't used all that much. I need to use it. I also have a new bike rack on the roof of my car that is an EXTREME bitch to use, but I'm getting the knack of it down. So an hour after I've arrived at my sisters house to pick up her and her two bikes, we finally have figured out how to get her front tire off, her brake off, and have hoisted that puppy up on top of the Suby, balancing precariously atop a finicky little step stool. If you can imagine... we don't have the featherweight bikes, these are big mountain bikes and they're not the really expensive ones either so they weigh more than they should. I have the balance of a three legged cat. I've been known to rip undies while trying to put the second leg in the hole in the morning, as I tip over like a tree being cut at the base. Somehow, by the grace of God and God alone, I managed to finagle those bikes up atop without scratching the car, falling off the stool, or maiming myself in the process. And yes, I'm slightly proud, so why not write about it?
We had our little bike ride... who knew Wildwood Park was so hilly? I haven't been there since 2001 and I was drunk at that time... so... it didn't seem important... but Jess and I decided to do a little "off-road, hardcore" business. I made her go first, just in case there were any unsuspecting humps or hurdles that might trip her up. (Her balance is much better, there's a far larger chance she'd stay on her bike over the hurdle than me...giving me a moment to navigate). Somehow she managed to nearly go ass over teakettle and we decided we'd had enough, but not before scraping our legs up going through blackberry bushes and the like. We walked and lifted our bikes out of the bramble she'd gotten us into and managed to get back to the car (insert rooftop hoisting process here)... and were just going to lock up the bike rack and head home when we realized, OH SHIT, the keys are in the car. And so are the cell phones. And the park is desserted. SHIT SHIT SHIT.
So, we did things the old-fashioned way, we called collect on the payphone...only nobody was answering at my house. And did you know that you can't call collect to most cell phones? Land lines are becoming obsolete and people occasionally are without cell, what's a person to do when they need to make a penniless collect call? Finally after getting ahold of my dad who called the hubs on his cell, we were rescued, virtue in tact.
HA.
So cousin's wedding. Very. Very. Fun. Rivals the best wedding I've ever been to, which of course was Jamie's ... photo-booth included, along with a multitude of champagne. No photo-booth @ cousins, but definitely plenty of alcohol and good company, outdoor dance floor, comfy flip flops, and crazy cousins/sister to keep you entertained. Not to mention professional basketball players like Adam Morrison (Holy crap, I'm putting one plug in... I walked down the isle with him, who is jealous?)

I may or may not have drank too much. Okay, so I did. I drank way too much of this crappy wine that seemed like a good idea at the time... that was until the point when I nearly decided to lay in the gravel. However, my inner angel took over and said, no Aimee, you're in a dress, don't be daft. Get up, get your crazy feet over to the dance floor, retrieve your sister, and husband (sister's boyfriend was already at the car, laying in the gravel and "ready to go.") and get out of here.
You know, as far as weddings go, I was really amazed how well 12 women got along. That is a lot of women in one room. Nobody fought, nobody yelled, there was no bitch-slapping or hair pulling. It was generally a great time. I don't think I had to get my own drink all night long... husband, sister's boyfriend, or one of the groomsmen obliged me. Tee hee. I love being waited on hand and foot. And... nobody fell in the pool and of that I'm sincerely amazed. Here are a few shots from the weekend, more to come... (photo credits go to the fabulous Dane Anar who borrowed my cam all weekend and took some amazing pics!)




10 comments:
OMG! All I can say to that is I am TOTALLY LMAO!!!!! You are hilarious! Thanks for making my Monday! xoxo L
You are so crazy... :-)
I have managed to roll down a hill, but I don't recall ever laying in the gravel. Emphasis on the "don't recall" part... :-)
Have a great week!
You're the best storyteller ever.
I so agree...you tell the best stories...you could make some big bucks girlie....!!!!! Great pics and looks like you had a fine time!!!!
Hahahaha! I loved every bit of that story... bike rack mishaps, key lossage and all. You tell the bestest stories!
*ahem*
credit should go out to the photog :)
i had such a blast with you guys! let's do it again (minus the wedding part) but let's party all night long!
the bride is absolutely gorgeous!! Funny funny bike story! You get yourself into as many predicaments as I do...you just tell the stories SO MUCH BETTER! LOL
And I am sorry to say I don't know who Adam Morrison (or whoever) is. EEk! Sorry! BUt, I will take your word that I NEED to be jealous !lol
Love your stories girl! I can't wait to hang out with you again and we ARE going to hang out more closely next time! hahaha
Rofl! We keep talking about getting a roof rack for our Subie wagon, we just need the cross bars, and I think to my self- Who the eff is going to be at the location I get too to help me unload the crap? So since your story, Im keeping my foot down on this matter! And Im pretty glad you didnt roll in gravel. It would have left a mark!
you are so the best story teller.
i left you something over on my blog today.
Thinking about a trip to Michaels and Goodwill in Tacoma on Sunday afternoon. If you are around and interested in meeting up, let me know
HAHAHA!
i totally locked my keys in the car twice this summer with the spares being in another state.
great pics!!!
Post a Comment