That said, I sometimes feel like while I'm reading people's blogs that we could be best friends. I say this in a semi-joking way. Because obviously I do not know most of these people personally, but some of them seem so fun and have awesome families! Let me also say, that I know some of you feel like this too, with blogs you read. I know because I asked around. So this isn't just coming from me. I'm not crazy
Okay, so don't tell, but there is one blog in particular that always brings a smile to my face, and each day I read it, I want to meet her more and more and more. And I think her photography is amazing and she has the cutest family and the cutest love story and the cutest new old house. Her name is Karen Russell. And my name is Aimee Westcott and I'm an addict. I mean, really, so what if I check to see if she's blogged three times a day. Is that really SO bad?
OkaynowI'mreallyembarrasedOMGI'mgonnagocryinthecorner.
But no really... I have met a few people who I first came across through blogs and online scrapbooking sites and its really fun seeing how people are outside of this little bubble.
Sometimes (and yes, again, I know I'm walking fine line of genius and insanity) I build people up in my head as these amazing, talented, incredible super people (which they are) ... but I forget the fact that they're just normal people. Normal people that walk around drinking booze out of coffee cups. Normal people that have bad days and good days. Normal people that sometimes spill milk all over the kitchen floor. Okay, I'm grasping, but you get my concept.
I know I'm not the only one that does this. But the question is, who else does it? I know a few ... but do you?
And because you know I hate blogging without pictures... here's a layout I did of my cousin's wedding.
9 comments:
I'm totally like that, too. :)
booze in coffee cups...:o :)
I am the same way. that's what i loved about sisaversary, it's nice to know if people really are what they seem. i think that for the most part, they are....
at least you are. :)
I almost choked on my PB&J sandwich when I read the "booze in coffee cups" comment.... And like Kristina said, that's what I so enjoyed about SISiversary, was the getting to meet people in real life.
Glass only please. And if plastic (or God forbid styrofoam) is offered, I'm raising my hand to be the designated driver.
And yes, I can totally relate. :-)
Have a GREAT weekend, Aimee!
Oh I'm TOTALLY like that. I will have you know I even clicked out of my reader just to comment here!
that is an absolutely gorgeous layout!
yes, I do that too...about building people up in my head. And almost everytime they are sooo nice and will comment back or email if I have a question.
I have, however, gotten 'snubbed'. It's rare, but it's out there. And I am like serious? seriously? you create with paper. so do millions of other people. i don't look up to you anymore. hahah
I'm with ya sista!
I'm totally like this too, there are people that I can tell if I met them in real life, and they were anything remotely the same as their blog writing/photos, we would get along great, and others I can tell that I wouldn't get along with them at all (and yet I still read their blogs, hmm...?) It's funny how the online world is, it's kind of like dreaming of meeting a celebrity, you wonder if they are the same in "real life", ha.
PS-you're totally of the 1st category of blogs I read, not to get all stalker-ish on ya.
Firstly I love Karen's blog too!
Second I wouldn't ruin my coffe with booze
Thirdly I wish the world wasn't so big cos there are soooo many amazing bloggers I wish I could meet and they all live on the other side of the world, dang it!
oh and fourthly, love fourthly cos it's like forthly and I love to say go ye forthly... anyway my fourth point is... ummm what was it... oh yeah I'm glad you blogged lol
yeah-
you found me out. It's not coffee I often spit all over the computer screen, while laughing so hard I can't breathe because of some new hilarity I read on your bog. It's whiskey. I named my son Jameson after all.
I have often wondered if you would be as fabulous in real life with your sore butt, dancing cats, love of food, snot pots and dread of plumbing supplies.
hmmm.....YES.
Post a Comment