Life has been so busy and inspiring lately. In the past two weeks I've gotten back to the gym, discovered a new love for thrifting and taking pictures of vintage finds, started gearing up for fall, drooling over old comfort food recipes, and spent a lot of quality time with the people I love and count on to get me through day to day.
Sometimes things happen in life that make us think, wait a tick, life's too short for all this malarkey. You have to live in there here and now, and keep you favorite people close. Don't bother with those that waste your time. Do what you love.
I talk a lot about things I want to do, things I'd love to do, etc etc. And I'm going to slap my own hand with a ruler here and say "KNOCK THAT SHIZ OFF". Seriously, stop talking, stop thinking, start doing. I know its not the New Year yet, but I'm making my resolution now.
So one thing I really enjoy is thrifting. Its like the thrill of the kill. Finding that hidden treasure. Uncovering a glorious vase, or plate, or teacup. I can't help myself, I could do it all day every day. And I always seem to buy too much, so Jamie and I have listed a few items in our etsy shop.
(we'd love it if you favorited us!!)
I have a bunch of stuff to finish up this week, including but not limited to:
* Purple Onion (omg, I'm such a slacker)
* cleaning bathrooms
* folding clothes
* harvest italian plums @ mom's house and hopefully make some jam and syrup
* send out Beth's package (SORRY BETH!)
* list some more items on etsy
* celebrate another year of life (ACK, I'm getting old).
* go to the gym
* grocery shop
I could go on for days. What's on your to-do list? Do you ever give yourself little rewards when you cross something off? Or are you like me and is just the simple act of crossing something off reward enough?
Got my Studio Calico kit yesterday, can't wait to play with that puppy!
4 comments:
LOL - something I just write down something extra that I did - so I can cross it off and get the reward ;)
Those bookends are awesome!!
xoxo,
ja
julieannshahin.blogspot.com
sistvsista
Being the list lover (or is it list loser?) that I am, just being able to brag about getting things crossed off my list is reward enough for me! Good luck with yours!
I like to cross things off my list...it gives me satisfaction!
Post a Comment