Lots of things have been going on in the daily life.
I said before I've been spending time doing the things I love.
It helps that this is my favorite season too.
So inspiring.
I spent some time with some good friends. We ate good food, drank wine, laughed, made things. It was amazing, and just the getaway I needed to cleanse my soul and recoup.
I also took my cousin out to dinner. She's just moved away to college. It was nice to spend a little time with her, chatting and such. I love hearing about the college life, I miss it sometimes. All that hubbub.
Here's a favorite fall recipe of mine. My sister discovered it last year and sent it to me... I make it for all sorts of events, its always a crowd pleaser:
Gingersnap Pumpkin Bars
1 package (18-1/4 oz) yellow cake mix, divided
1 cup crushed gingersnap cookies
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 egg, lightly beaten
FILLING:
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 can (29 oz.) solid-pack pumpkin
1/4 cup milk
2 tsp. each ground cinnamon and vanilla extract
TOPPING:
1/2 cup crushed gingersnap cookies
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup cold butter
1 cup chopped pecans
(additional gingersnap cookies, halved, optional)
Step 1: Set aside 1 cup cake mix for topping. In small bowl, combine gingersnap crumbs and remaining cake mix; stir in butter and egg. Press onto the bottom of a 13x9x2" baking dish, set aside.
Step 2: For filling, in a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs. Add pumpkin, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla; mix well. Pour over crust.
Step 3: For topping, in a small bowl, combine the gingersnap crumbs, sugar and reserved cake mix; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans and sprinkle over filling.
Step 4: Bake at 325 degrees for 70-75 minutes or until filling is set and a thermometer inserted near the center reads 160. Cool on a wire rack for 1 1/2 hours. If desired garnish each serving with a gingersnap half. Store in the refrigerator.
I said before I've been spending time doing the things I love.
It helps that this is my favorite season too.
So inspiring.
I spent some time with some good friends. We ate good food, drank wine, laughed, made things. It was amazing, and just the getaway I needed to cleanse my soul and recoup.
I also took my cousin out to dinner. She's just moved away to college. It was nice to spend a little time with her, chatting and such. I love hearing about the college life, I miss it sometimes. All that hubbub.
Here's a favorite fall recipe of mine. My sister discovered it last year and sent it to me... I make it for all sorts of events, its always a crowd pleaser:
Gingersnap Pumpkin Bars
1 package (18-1/4 oz) yellow cake mix, divided

1 cup crushed gingersnap cookies
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 egg, lightly beaten
FILLING:
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 can (29 oz.) solid-pack pumpkin
1/4 cup milk
2 tsp. each ground cinnamon and vanilla extract
TOPPING:
1/2 cup crushed gingersnap cookies
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup cold butter
1 cup chopped pecans
(additional gingersnap cookies, halved, optional)
Step 1: Set aside 1 cup cake mix for topping. In small bowl, combine gingersnap crumbs and remaining cake mix; stir in butter and egg. Press onto the bottom of a 13x9x2" baking dish, set aside.
Step 2: For filling, in a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs. Add pumpkin, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla; mix well. Pour over crust.
Step 3: For topping, in a small bowl, combine the gingersnap crumbs, sugar and reserved cake mix; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans and sprinkle over filling.
Step 4: Bake at 325 degrees for 70-75 minutes or until filling is set and a thermometer inserted near the center reads 160. Cool on a wire rack for 1 1/2 hours. If desired garnish each serving with a gingersnap half. Store in the refrigerator.
10 comments:
pumkin bars
are.
to.
die.
for.
seriously.
eating one now.
mmmm
I can't wait to try this recipe - it sounds so yummy. I love all the fall ingredients that you can get in the stores this time of year that you can get any other time.
do these go well with champagne?
those look soooo good. I want one now!
Oh. Yum. I just printed out this recipe.
Love this recipe and it sounds so yummy!!! Thanks for sharing with us!!! :)
The recipe sounds delicious. I will definitely put that on my fall recipe list. TFS!
making these this weekend Aimee! Spent all day yesterday making jalapeno jelly, relish, and chutney--I still have, I swear a 100 pounds of peppers left. Guess what you are getting for christmas?
Glad you had fun! Food, wine and friends is just about the best thing in the world.
yum! looks dee-lish-us!!!
oh man looks so good I am so going to try this and thanks for sharing .. loved your post.
Post a Comment