So I'm still not completely dug out of my craft-room yet, but I am a couple flat-rate boxes lighter, and minus about 15 sets of Stampin' Up stamps, and a large flat-rate box full of corks, and I'm about to be two bridesmaid dresses lighter. So that's something.
Yeah, something.
I feel like its never ending. I know one day I'll have the craft-room of my dreams, but this space I have is just too small for the stuff I own. So in order to be able to be crafty and be productive I have to get organized. For me, its the only way.
So I ask you, my friends, my confidants... for help. How do you organize your ribbon, your punches, your odds and ends, your Glimmer Mists, your rulers, your ATC's, your thread, your paints, your stamp pads (and I could keep going on...).
I did get a fantastic idea from Miss Stephanie on paper. I'd seen it when I was back at her house in June of this year and of course, like everything else in her freaking craft room, it was perfect. And... I was jealous. Her craftroom is the size of my master bedroom, but really, who's comparing???
Anyway, here's a peek at my new paper organization system. Thanks Steph:
Just to show you I'm not a complainer (usually)... here are a few (material) things I am thankful for this November:
(My very most favorite Jade plant that I got at the Farmers Market in Tacoma)
(Some flowers my mom gave me Sunday when they came over for dinner)
(My November calendar I made with Purple Onion Stamps)
(COOKING LIGHT. Say no more!)
7 comments:
I love that calendar!!
I reorganized my paper last week, and started on my stamps on Sat....What did you do w/your Stampin' Up sets - sell them or give them away? I have a few sets I need to get rid of.
I have a clip it type system that the hubby made me on one wall of my craft space by my desk. I clip up ziploc bags with odds and ends in them or anything else I want in there. As for my paint, punches, mists, stamp pads, they are all on small shelves I have on the other wall. Ribbon spools are on a Pier One necklace holder thing.. I think I saw that idea on Martha Bonnea's (sp?) blog awhile back. Pieces of ribbon are in those ziploc bags. I need everything to be as visable as possible.
PS
the best idea I ever saw for organizing stamp pads was an old wooden cassette holder that hung on the wall. The cassette size spaces were just the right size for stamp pads.
Yay for you for purging!!! I have a bag that is made for ribbon storage...just put your ribbon in it and pull it through the holes...I also store ribbon in glass jars...same as my buttons..I love to see the colors!!! I too have to be able to see it to use it!!! Love your November Calendar!!! The pics are Fabulous!!! Have a great one!! :-)
I think candy jars are perfect for ribbon. And spice jars from Ikea for bits and pieces. And of course, the clip it up.
P.S. If you lived here, I'd totally share my room with you.
I don't believe in organizational "systems" because I think it's a racket-and I am cheap but Stephanie's paper thing looks great!
Made beef stew and mashpotatoes today--yummy!
cool paper idea! i have my ribbon hanging over a wire mannequin that i bought from hobby lobby. and i so want those mugs.
Post a Comment