Tuesday, December 1, 2009

This Week

I've been thinking a lot about goals. I was also thinking of a layout I made this past year about goals and really I've achieved several of them. Goal weight has been scratched... but that's been something on-going for years. I do eat healthy, just a bit too much at times (woops).



But I got a new job, got two things published. I have stayed on the healthy eating track. And I've done things in my life I never thought I would do, but I'm excited for this coming year. To try more things. To push myself out of the box even more. To set new boundaries for myself.

I'm gathering quotes for a little project. Will you guys comment with your favorite quotes and I'll give something away to a random commenter. :)

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Here's one that i like: Never face facts; if you do, you'll never get up in the morning.
- Marlo Thomas


love that page!

Jennifer said...

Congrats lady on making so many of your goals!

Here are some of my fave quotes:

Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing. – Mother Teresa

Challenges make you discover things about yourself that you never really knew. – Cicely Tyson

The main thing
Is to keep
The main thing
The main thing
-Stephen Covey

How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. – Anne Frank

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

I also like the Starfish story: http://www.cedu.niu.edu/~fulmer/starfish.htm

I love quotes - would like to see your project after you finish it!

erinrwillis said...

I can't wait to see more of this project! Here are a couple of quotes:
"Promise me you'll always remember: you're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
-Christopher Robin to Pooh

"National Sarcasm Society: Like we need your support."
-from a sweatshirt in some catalog

I love the goals LO too!

Denise said...

hmm...quotes, shall I channel my shadow self aka Karen Walker?

"you say potato, I say vodka"

cheers Aimee, a toast to life in breakable glasses-it's to wonderful to be afraid!
ps..
I think you are beautiful.

McMGrad89 said...

I just happened to run across this saved on my computer today. What a coincidence!
"You have it in your power to make your days on Earth a path of flowers, instead of a path of thorns."
Sri Sathya Sai Baba

Unknown said...

What a great LO...one of my fave quotes is "if you want to be happy...be" by Leo Tolstoy

Jeannie said...

Oh man! Congratulations on completing so many goals! Thats crazy!!!

So here is my favorite quote, and it's completely nerdy, and totally not going to work for your project (probably), but i love it.

"Besides, the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters. We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are. " -Sirius Black in HP Order of the Phoenix

Lynette C said...

I like this quote alot:

"Love doesn't make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile."

and this one that I use with my kids (4 and 7 yrs young) alot:

"When at first it didn't work, you have to try and try again."

Hope these are useful to your project.

Vee said...

congrats, such good news all the way around! :)

Deana said...

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it." -Author unknown

Lori W said...

an all time fave:
"I always wanted a happy ending... Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious ambiguity." --Gilda Radner
xo

milkcan said...

I just wanted to say congrats! It always feels good to reach your goals!

Julie Howard said...

Ames, I love that first photo of you on your goal LO. So sweet & sassy! As for a few of my favorite quotes...

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye. ~Miss Piggy

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best. ~Henry Van Dyke