I wanted to make my mother in law a quilt. She loves vintage things and handmade things, and I knew she'd love it to cozy up on the couch and do her knitting. I used a picture and a tutorial from one of Susan Weinroth's. She makes the CUTEST quilts for her friends and children and I knew as soon as I saw hers that I wanted to give it a go.
I used this tutorial for binding first and then I used this one. And I went for it!
Like I said I really had a hard time with the corners... but I had made a wider binding and I think thats what threw me off, that and the fact that I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. I also tried free motion quilting and them immediately ripped it out because it looked like a five year old on crack had gone to town on the machine. I think I used the wrong foot. But at that point, I was so irritated with ripping out stitches, I just went for a quick and easy "stitch around each square and keep it simple" method. It worked much better and I managed to salvage the last bit of hair, thus also keeping my husband happy.
Here are a couple of shots of the quilt:
6 comments:
This quilt turned out great! I love the second side fabric. Can't wait to read how the corners were done.
Aimee, your quilt is so pretty! I am very impressed. I gave up trying to sew anything that needed measuring or straight lines because even though I don't do crack-I am a bit crackish.
Hi!!
WOW!! This turned out great! What a special gift!
That's such a great and unique piece of quilt. This resembles to the old tradition of Asian culture, specially of Pakistan, and the traditional people used to call this art as "Ralli". great sharing dear.
That's such a great and unique piece of quilt. This resembles to the old tradition of Asian culture, specially of Pakistan, and the traditional people used to call this art as "Ralli". great sharing dear.
I want one! Misses and kisses.
Post a Comment