Friday, May 29, 2009

Back in the Saddle Again

OMG you guys. I did the spinning class @ the gym last night and let me tell you, it was a killer. Not only was most of the water drained from my body... (I know this because there was a puddle under my bike and my shirt was drenched) but also it took me ten minutes to actually pry myself off the bike. I think the saddle was embedded in my butt.

Why do they call bike seats saddles? I rode horses for years, that little tiny piece of vinyl covered detested CRRRRAP is NOT a saddle by any means. Saddles just don't make your crotch hurt like that.

Anywho, I managed to waddle myself out of there like a duck and somehow climb into the car.

My sister brought me a huge halibut fillet (from a guy @ her work that fishes up in Alaska) that I promptly broiled with a little salt/pepper/evoo/and fresh grated parmesan and omg, I have never had such a party in my mouth. Every salty, buttery morsel was just like Heaven.

Also, this made me laugh from this blog. Thought you might enjoy a little Friday chuckle. Cheers to a happy weekend!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't even ride a bike for 5 minutes without my you-know-what throbbing like CRAZY! I refuse to do it anymore! That fish sounds divine, too. ;)

Lisa said...

My last spin class left me with an awkward walk for days! Needless to say, I haven't been in a while. I'm afraid...so afraid. lol!

Thanks for the chuckle! Hope you have a great weekend!

Deana said...

I tried a bike seat cover when I first started spinning almost 2 years ago. The bike shorts I purchased shortly thereafter worked SO MUCH better. They aren't cheap, but worth EVERY penny!

Oh & the puddle... that will probably be there every time. My dad likes to remind me that sweating is healthy because it's your body's way of cooling off.... to which I reply, "Yes, it's very healthy AND attractive..."

Jocelyn said...

You are toooo funny!!!! Been there and done that and yes parts that should not be hurting certainly do...but you did get me with the dinner. Sounds so good! Wishing you a great weekend!